Each of our Canadian Immigration Story – What We Did and How Many of us Did It!


After six months in Canada and the finality in which we were no longer on vacation reached with a bang – many of us weren’t going “home.”

I’d personally served over 16 decades in the Royal Air Force (RAF), so saying goodbye to your “safe” job (and technique of life) seemed surreal. A final Christmas and New Year, typically the emotional family farewell, your one-way flight – all this seemed unreal! Many of us found it hard to believe that over two years of arranging had come to fruition and that we were starting each of our new life near Calgary. Well, it was true. I used to be starting my new work the next day, and the temperature was a cool – 25ºC!

There were discussed living in Canada within great length after the wife’s sister had relocated to Edmonton with her Canadian husband and were taking pleasure in a lifestyle we could only desire. We tried a few DO-IT-YOURSELF assessments to see if we would be eligible but found ourselves one point short of the “pass mark” of 70 in those days.

We decided that we might have to hire an immigration professional. When we opened up typically the Immigration Newspaper “Canada News,” the first advert we found was Access Migration Companies which offered a free review. We spoke to Kerry Martin and discussed each of our thoughts. We typically received the assessment in the post, loaded it in, and returned to it the next day. Kerry determined that we had a good probability of qualifying and offered people a no visa simply no fee contract, so the method began.

We were inundated together with forms and questionnaires and places to research thoroughly actually all entailed. I built my qualifications and directed them to IQAS in Edmonton for a Canadian equivalency. I quickly contacted Transport Canada to verify if my aircraft maintenance and the required permits were valid. They weren’t, but I would be able to remain some exams, provide my full career history, and be employed for a minimum of 6 months in Canadian Aviation. It didn’t appear too bad considering I was attempting to15328 move continents! We had to deliver off for police assessments from Germany, the UK police force, and the RAF police to prove we had no criminal records; when they were back, we could post our application.

It was released that the Canadian Immigration passport system was changing; nobody knew what would happen or when. Kerry kept us knowledgeable and was very good during a troublesome time. I had developed to put in my 18 months’ detection to leave as the Immigration authorities required a getaway date from the RAF instructions 17th Feb 2003 is the date we chose.

Most of us watched the horror connected with September 11th unfold; often, the aviation world collapsed with the rest of the RAF, and I became involved in the Afghan War along with the unstable world climate this followed.

We devoted two weeks to Andie’s siblings in Calgary during March 2001, fitting in quad biking, hiking, trips to Banff, and viewing demonstrated homes. We were getting a sense of southern Alberta as well as opportunities. On our way to the residence, the airline (Canada 3000) went bankrupt as we traveled into Gatwick on it: another bad sign to get my future employment.

With the police checks complete, most of us sent the application off to help Kerry, who returned by professionals, presented paperwork with aiding documents for us to warn and return with the Substantial Commission fees. The new Canadian Immigration system was ultimately announced with stricter scoring that was outdated to all applications received following December 18th, 2001. Mine arrived there on 19th December!!!! We would not qualify under the new principles; Kerry reassured us that it wasn’t set in stone as the legislative house hadn’t ratified the new system.

The respective authorities backed down following threats of legal actions by several Canadian Immigration Lawyers; the cutoff time was set as August 1st, 2002. All software processed before then would be beneath the old rules – I was back in with a chance. Within Feb. 2002, our document number arrived – I was being processed; we anxiously waited to see if we would be required an interview, accepted or dropped. The wait was crazy – Kerry kept us occupied with regular information messages on Canada, and the comforting voice on end from the phone was worth the actual fee in itself. Andie’s cousin was also busy within Calgary, phoning around to determine points of contact for me.

I started looking at other jobs and began some venture management courses. As with these aircraft maintenance licenses, My spouse and I soon realized that UK certification wouldn’t readily move to the Canadian system. I contacted the Southern Alberta Commence of Technology (SAIT) and located a unique curriculum involving courses including several Venture Management offerings and some wonderful technical pre-employment courses, which had a good history on the candidates finding employment with regards to choice.

The call came out in the blue: we had been acknowledged subject to Medicals and are not being called for an interview! The closest approved clinic was in Oxford; Andie phoned immediately; the first appointment was eight weeks ago. We put the house available on the market – we needed to understand it was sold before we could plan on moving. If we were unsuccessful in the medicals, we decided I would still leave the actual RAF, and we would shift away from the area. Andie’s moms and dads would let us stay with all of them if we sold the house.

We all put the house on the market in late June 2002 – only to have a buyer in several days. The date involving the sale was set to the 31st of August, and we would likely move out on the 29th. Many of us couldn’t believe our chance, but it wasn’t to be plain sailing! The medical clinic phoned. First, they had two times booked, and we might have to wait an extra eight weeks. Andie had “a minor chat” with them, and they lastly agreed to squeeze us within as an extra appointment following a heated debate!

All four of us had to have medicals – the kids didn’t have x-rays or blood tests; however, we each had forty minutes with the doctor, listening to blood pressure tests. Even though there were no health issues as much as we knew, I was able to stress about the whole bargain and ended up failing a blood pressure test. Apart from the distress, I had to have a cardiograph to ensure I was ok. This postponed the medicals being delivered back by a week as the cardiograph had to be analyzed by a cardiologist. I didn’t feel as well clever!

We checked out the various shipping agencies. Kerry suggested PSS shipping – a children-run business with a great reputation and a good quotation. When we called to reserve, we had almost left the idea too late. They managed to shape us as we had a relatively small weight to ship. We decided on a shared container to ship on a door for you to door service. They would appear to pack everything about the 28th of August. We only hoped the Medicals were OK!

While I was working away with the Air force, the property sale had stalled caused of an argument between the lawyers! Many of us couldn’t sack them since then. The process must start again, and there is no chance of us setting up a deadline for a currency exchange we booked. There were huge penalties for missing a particular date. We couldn’t stop the removals at these kinds of short notice because it would incur huge penalties. So we confronted moving out to Andie’s mom and dad and leaving the clean house while still paying the mortgage loan, taxes, and bills. In addition, the insurance was only logical for 30 days once it turned out empty, and we were scheduled on flights to Calgary to go house hunting!

Finally, Kerry phoned with the announcement that we were accepted and had to sign some papers and send in our given photos to claim all of our visas. At last, the pain relief of knowing took away your home nightmare for a day or two. Often the date was set instructions January 11th, 2003. You can find only a 3-month eye-port where the forms were logical, so we decided to send the particular paperwork off once we returned from Canada because the house drama needed to become serious. We planned to set off to Canada to get a month with the house selling still in limbo. We all managed to gain assurances that will things were moving out of view of the public and that all would be carried out in time for our money exchange; all we could do seemed to be board the plane and an answer to the best!

In Canada, we have proposed a local realtor (Estate Agent). He helped us get a plot of land and a reputable local building company to build the house of our wishes. We arranged a mortgage (with 35% down. You don’t need to have a job for approval) and decided on the deal – all that seemed missing was the cash! Finally, the house sale went through; your money arrived in our Canadian bank in 72 hours. I was astonished (and thankful) at how the transfer traveled like clockwork.

It was time and energy to spend!!!! We went in a sign the house deal with the particular realtor and wrote your house purchase agreement. The particular realtor handled all the talks on our behalf but constantly made sure we agreed to almost everything. We put down the 10% deposit needed to secure say yes to (the rest is paid for at possession) and put your home building process into an accessory.

The day after we returned, most of us gathered our papers and photos and provided them with recorded delivery to the High Commission in London. It may take approximately 3 weeks to help the process, and then we’d be placed on our way.

We searched and chose the shipping corporation for our Golden Retriever, which could cost us more to be able to ship than our proven way tickets! These one-way routes were booked for the eleventh January 2003, and it looked strange paying more to be able to ship a dog than a category of four! The rest, they say, will be history!

We’ve been here for 1 . 5 years now and can honestly point out it has worked out better than we’d ever imagined. The first 8 weeks or so had more strain than I have ever had last, and times were extremely hard famous we are settled; it’s challenging to imagine being back in the BRITISH. The air is clean, the surroundings amazing, and there is so much to accomplish there’s no spare time! The ale isn’t too clever; however, you can’t have everything!

I hope this will give you a perception of Canadian Immigration and encourage rather than disturb!! If you decide to give it a try – good luck!

Read also: The Way To Take Photographs That Easily Sell